Warning!

In the picture above, I'm the person second from the right.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Asking a four year old questions.

I have two daughters - a 4 year old and a 1 year old. They play together all day long. They have so much fun. I know this because they mostly laugh all day long. Now when I ask my 4 year old if she likes playing with her sister, depending on when I ask, I get all sorts of different and funny answers from "no I don't like her" to "yes she's my little sis." I think most adults are like this too. We don't know what we are saying most of the time. I never really know what I'm saying, for example. Observing someone or some situation closely is usually much more telling than asking questions - such as "Are you happy?" No I take that back. Asking such questions is good. It's just that answering the question needs patience and careful attention. "Am I happy?" is a wonderful question to ask yourself - but answer it by observing yourself closely in this moment and also over a period of days or weeks. I think I am very happy - but I'm going to double check that starting right now. Tallis

No comments:

Post a Comment